I hate to state the obvious, but you need to have a clear understanding of your business goals before you create and implement a Growth Driven marketing strategy. If you don’t understand what you want to achieve, how will you how begin to implement and measure it.
For the purposes of this post I will be referring to the four goals I have created below.
- I want to increase website traffic by 50% in the next 12 months.
- I want to increase followers on Twitter & Facebook by 33% in the next 6 months.
- I want to increase my email list by 40% in the next 3 months.
- I want to increase e-commerce sales by 20% over the next 6 months.
I have created four very specific goals that I think are attainable. Now, I need a strategy that can help me achieve them. Let’s create a strategy.
Creating a Growth Driven Strategy.
I like to think of my strategy as a tactical road map. When I start thinking strategically I begin evaluating and selecting the best options and solutions that I can implement to help me reach my goals.
I have decided that I want to increase website traffic by 50% in the next 12 months. How will I accomplish that? (Keep in mind these are just examples. You will want to do a bit more research before you commit. )
- I will start optimizing my web pages with long tail keyword phrases for better search engine results.
- I will start a pay-per-click campaign with a budget of $15 a day.
- I will start blogging once a week and share my posts on Facebook and Twitter.
I have decided that I want to increase my followers on social media by 33% in the next 6 months. How will I accomplish that?
- I will start sharing great content 3 times a week.
- I will enable social sharing on my blog.
- I will start contributing and commenting on other industry related blog posts & threads.
- I will add links to my social media sites in my email signature.
- I will invite my customers, employees & friends to follow me
- I will start following key influencers & other industry professionals.
- I will provide value.
I have decided that I want to increase my email list by 40% in the next 3 months. How will I accomplish that?
- I will make sure people can sign up on my home page, my about us page and at the end of every blog post.
- I will ask them.
- I will give people something of value for signing up for my newsletter.
- I will make the sign up process easy and less intrusive.
I have decided that I want to increase e-commerce revenue by 20% over the next 6 months. How will I accomplish that?
- I will make sure I promote my offers on social media.
- I will use an affiliate marketing program.
- I will start implementing paid search campaigns & optimizing my landing pages.
- I will offer special discounts available only available to subscribers of my newsletter.
- I will build trust and develop relationships with key influencers.
- I will make sure people know what I do,what I sell and all the services that I offer.
I have given you four goals and a strategy to attain each of them. Now its your turn, feel free to use my examples or create your own Growth Driven goals and strategy.